Who Can Enroll in Pathways Academy Adult Education?

This program is available to all students that are at least 16 years old that reside anywhere in the state of California. There is no age cap on the students we are able to enroll! Students who are 19+ and have been out of school for any period of time must be participating in WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act), YouthBuild, Job Corps, and/or be registered with CalJOBS.  If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact our office.

Find your local One-Stop to enroll in WIOA: www.servicelocator.org

To register with CalJOBS: www.caljobs.gov

Start The Application Process Now:




FAQs for Enrollment 

Q: What documents are required to register for school?


  •  Proof of Birth/Verification of Age (Any of the following forms will be accepted) 

    • Birth Certificate  

    • Baptismal Records 

    • Passport

    • Adoption/Foster Care Record

    • California Driver's License or ID card or Tribal ID

    • Verification of Physical Address - within the last 60 days (Any of the following forms will be accepted) 

      • Utility bill (If you are an adult and the bill is in another person’s name you will need the Student Residency Affidavit signed by that person) 

      • Letter from a government agency with your current address

      • Cell phone bill

      • Rental agreement or escrow paperwork

    HELPFUL DOCUMENTS: Uploading these will help with course placement:

    • Previous high school transcripts

    Q: Do I need transcripts to register?

    A: Transcripts are not required for registration, but they are helpful to get you placed in the correct classes immediately. 

    Q: How do I reset my password? 

    A: On the Reg-Online website (https://pathwaysadultsd.parentstudentportal.com/mod.php/public/registration/wizard_landing.php

    Click on:  Forgot Password. 

    Q: What is my username?

    A: Your username is the email address you provided when you began registration

    Q: How soon can I start classes?

    A: Students are able to start classes when:

    1. They are fully registered

    2. Have met with a teacher

    3. Have signed a Master Agreement


    Q: What are the steps to registration?

    A:     Click on the apply button on the Pathways website. 

    You will receive an email to create an account 

    Create your account and password

    Log in and fill out the household information and application 

    Upload the needed documents 

    The application is complete when all areas have a green check mark and the documents have been verified by the admissions team. 

    Monitor your email to see if you get a message from Pathways Admissions

    Q: What do I do if I am enrolled at another school?

    A: Please go to the school you are enrolled in and ask to disenroll/drop/withdraw and send a picture of that drop/withdraw slip to admissions@pathwaysadult.org

    Q: How do I know which diploma track I should be on? 

    A: Difference between the two diploma tracks 

    •  The Adult Diploma 

      • Must be 18 and over 

      • 130 credits 

      • Suitable for students pursuing a vocation/ trade/professional development

      • Suitable for students planning on attending a community college before a 4-year college or university

      • Suitable for most adult students 

    • The Youth Diploma 

      • 210 credits 

      • Required track for students under age 18

      • For students interested in going directly to a 4-year college or university.

    Q: Can I re-do my high school diploma?

    A: No, if you already have a high school diploma you may not attend our school.

    Q: Do you offer support for students who need help on assignments?

    A: Yes, we are an independent study school so students are expected to work independently, but tutoring is available as a support to students.

    Homeless Resources

    The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act defines homelessness as a student who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. This definition includes students who:

    • are “doubled-up” or sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason.
    • are living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, camping grounds, or shelters. 
    • have a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as regular sleeping accommodations for human beings.
    • are living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings.
    • are migratory children and unaccompanied youth (not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian) who qualify as homeless because they are children who are living in similar circumstances listed above.

    In order to identify and support children and youth experiencing homelessness, Pathways Academy Adult Education is required to administer a housing questionnaire annually to all parents and guardians. Students identified as homeless under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, have the right to:

    • attend school.
    • enroll immediately, even if they are missing records and documents normally required for enrollment.
    • stay in the school they attended before becoming homeless (school of origin) if the parent/guardian so chooses.
    • participate fully in their education and receive equal access to all school programs and activities.

    If you have any questions regarding our homeless/foster youth resources please contact our liaison: 

    Ericka Grant

    (619) 371-5017

    Need some more help? We are here for you!

    Call or text (619) 371-5017 or email admissions@pathwaysadult.org

    Enrollment Complaint Procedure:

    Pursuant to Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4), charter schools are not allowed to discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in a charter school because the pupil exhibits any characteristics such as students with disabilities, academically low-achieving, English learners, neglected or delinquent, homeless, socially economically disadvantaged, foster youth, or based on nationality, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.

    Also pursuant to this new law, a parent, guardian, or student who is 18 years or older may file a Charter School Complaint Form to the Charter School's authorizing entity if they suspect the charter school is in violation of Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4).

    If you would like to file a complaint, please use the provided forms below:

    Pathways Academy Charter School - Adult Education (Warner Unified School District) please use this form.

    If you would prefer to receive the form via mail, please contact our office and we will mail one to you.